Kitchen witchery is a hobby of mine, as you all know I’m more of a bath & candle witch. This probably has to do with the fact I currently only have a small convection oven to bake in–and that’s not easy. However, here is a recipe that is sure to bring you some joy this Yule.
Peace & Prosperity Bringing Gingerbread Cookies:
- 3 cups flour
- a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1Tb Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Clove
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2TB cinnamon
- 1 cup of vegan butter (room temp)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2TB Orange Extract
- 1TB Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a different slightly larger bowl mix your applesauce, brown sugar, and butter together until it forms a smooth thick paste. Once it reaches this consistency slowly add in your Maple syrup and extracts.
- Gradually begin to add your dry ingredients into the batch stirring and kneading the dough clockwise to create the magick. Focus on adding into the dough white light that will bring you a bountiful season filled with the peace and prosperity of the herbs & extracts added to this batch of cookies.
- Once smooth, Wrap the dough’s bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to stand for about 2 hours at room temperature. Placing the bowl on your Yule altar during this wait period would be a great place to stash it. You could even perform a small ritual asking the God & Goddess to bless the cookies around the bowl.
- When ready to use, preheat your oven to 350°F and begin to roll the dough out with a floured rolling pin onto a floured cutting board or counter top.
- Use your cookie cutter(s) to create the cookies and place them onto an ungreased baking sheet (you can line it with parchment paper if you feel so inclined). Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes! They’re finished when they begin to brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool and decorate them for the season! Don’t forget to leave some as an offering on your Yule altar!
This recipe is ©Magick & Macabre Co & ©Cynical Old Bat