This magickal spin on a traditional sugar cookie is great for making before Beltane festivals and Litha rituals as it can easily be eaten by yourself, shared with your friends or coven, and used as an offering to the fae!
- 5 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour (You’ll also need some extra flour for rolling purposes)
- 2 Cups Faerie Sugar (Regular Sugar mixed with 2TB Vanilla and a few drops of food coloring–usually pink or red)
- 1tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Room Temp Butter
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- A Pinch of salt!
- Sprinkles for decoration!
- Optional: Finely chopped dried Lavender & 2Tbs of Lemon Extract added into your mix for Lavender Lemon cookies!
If you are looking to make this recipe vegan, just simply swap the eggs for applesauce and the butter for a vegan butter (like earth balance).
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Mix your dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix faerie sugar, butter, and eggs. Add eggs one at a time creating a fluffy airy mixture, continuing to mix.
- Slowly, begin to add the dry ingredients into your mixture. When everything is evenly combined into a nice dough you’re ready to begin cutting your shapes!
- To cut shapes, roll your dough out onto a floured surface. (You may need to separate the dough into sections if there is too much to fit on your surface. You want dough to be about a 1/4 of an inch or so thick.) Once rolled, cut the cookies with your friend of the fae cookie cutter. Place cookies on a baking sheet and press some sprinkles in them for good measure!
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes. When they’re golden brown on the edges they’re ready to be taken out! Allow to rest a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Be sure to cut a few cookies up into smaller, faerie sized pieces and place as an offering for the fae folk along with a thimble of warm milk! 🙂
Recipe & Photographs are ©2016 Magick & Macabre Co. / Bee Reckless / Cynical Old Bat. FOR PERSONAL AND COVEN USE ONLY. Otherwise, it may not be copied or redistributed without shop consent.