Moon Phase Magick Correspondence
The moon is a powerful tool for doing spell work. It’s believed that its different phases will help get better effects for specific spell work. Here is a simple correspondence list for your Grimoire!
- New Moon
A great symbol of new beginnings. Great for magick when helping to clear obstacles, starting new business or job endeavors, and working in romance & health. The New Moon is also the perfect time to cleanse your crystals of any stagnant energy. So throw some in a bowl of spring water or simply place them on the windowsill and allow the moon to cleanse and clear them for you.
- Waxing Crescent, 3) Waxing Half-Moon (First Quarter) & 4) Waxing Gibbous
The Waxing moon is perfect for working on spells to increase things for yourself or others. This is due to the moon slowly getting larger to reach its fullest potential. It’s a good time of the month to work on prosperity & money magick, relationship magick (both romantic and platonic), and protection magick.
- The Full Moon
The full moon is the ideal time to work on magick. Its powerful glow can help with ritual work and protection magick. Its powerful energy aids in more difficult spells and large workings like banishing, bindings, exorcisms, & spirit communication. Divination, Psychic Ability training, and Astral Travel work are believed to be easier under the full moon. The Full Moon is an important time to charge crystals to help them reach their fullest potential.
Full Moon Magick Cont:
Every Month there is a different full moon that appears and specific rituals, herbs, and crystals correspond with it. Here is a list of the names of those moons:
January: Wolf Moon
February: Snow Moon / Hunger Moon
March: Worm Moon
April: Pink Moon
May: Flower Moon / Milk Moon
June: Strawberry Moon / Rose Moon
July: Buck Moon / Thunder Moon
August: Sturgeon Moon / Green Corn Moon
September: Corn Moon / Harvest Moon
October: Hunter’s Moon / Dying Moon
November: Beaver Moon / Frost Moon
December: Cold Moon / Long Night Moon
- Waning Gibbous, 7) Waning Half Moon (Last Quarter) & 8) Waning Crescent
This is a great time for banishing spells, ridding of negativity, and illness.
☆ The Dark Moon / The Lost Moon / The Black Moon Magick:
This is the time of the month when the moon cycles ends. There is believed to be no part of the moon cycle in the sky any longer. This is right before the new moon. So, being that there is nothing but darkness, this is a good time to work on spells dealing with negative emotions, Un-hexing, Banishing, and removing not-so-great habits.
Simple Full Moon House Cleansing/ Blessing Spell
- On the first night of the full moon, leave a jar of spring water outside with an Amethyst Crystal, Quartz Crystal, Obsidian Crystal, & Black Tourmaline Crystal inside. Leave it to rest overnight under the moon to collect the moon’s energy and infuse the water with the crystals creating an elixir.
- Remove the crystals from your jar and add 2TB of any type of salt into the water and swirl/shake the jar in a clockwise direction. Focus on putting white light into the jar while doing so.
- Using a paintbrush and your jar, walk around your house (starting from the back of your house) and draw a pentacle with the water above each door. While doing so say these words;
“Goddess of Light, hear my plea,
Protect my house, my sanctuary.
Fill it only with joy, laughter, and light,
And let all my days here be bright.
Negative energy and spirits begone,
Only positivity may reside hereon.”
4. When you finish every other door of your house, continue to your front door and painting the pentacle say the same phrase, ending it with “So it is said, so mote it be.”
©Cynical Old Bat / Magick & Macabre Co. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DO NOT COPY OR PUBLISH WITHOUT THE EXPRESSED WRITTEN CONSENT FROM THE AUTHOR UNDER PENALTY OF LAW. May be used for personal use and personal grimoires/BOS/Spellbooks.